PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY
Examinations are currently offered in 3 month intervals. The exam dates will be announced on this website. Written and practical examinations for all ranks are held at approved locations with the responsibility of scheduling the exams on the participant . Results will be sent to exam takers within two weeks of the testing date.
Required documentation of volunteer hours, public service credits, etc. must be submitted to the MMBP director four weeks prior to the exam day (see Appendix H in program requirements manual). Only candidates who have completed all the requirements for advancement will be permitted to take the exams.
The exams are held at select extension offices, community centers, community colleges, Universities, libraries, and nature centers. Inquire to firstname.lastname@example.org if a program site near you is participating as an examination site as well.
(For more examination information, see Appendix C in the program requirements manual.)
If you are looking for Advanced Level Modules for Journeyman Advancement modules to progress to Journey level, they are located here. You need to print out your results, and they become part of your file.
FIRST and SECOND LEVEL EXAMINATIONS, WEEK OF April 23rd – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
On your mentoring form, write the name of the participating examination location. CALL THAT LOCATION TO HAVE YOUR NAME PLACED ON THE LIST WITH A TIME. You will not be allowed to take the examination if your name is not on the list, and if we don’t have your paperwork processed.
Submit your completed mentoring OR shadowing forms 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO April 23rd to MMBP, PO Box 582, Parma, MO 63870. After permission to take the exam, pay your registration online through the Courses link.
Send your paperwork to:
Midwest Master Beekeeper Program
PO Box 582
Parma, MO 63870
If in a rush, email paperwork (email@example.com), and we will wait for your payment if paying by check. Check must be received by testing date.
$50 additional fee required if paperwork is received within 10 days of examination, and you still want to take the exam.
- $100* (if you have not taken the first course and have purchased the book), – WE WILL HAVE YOU ON FILE
- $111* (if you have not taken the first course, and need to purchase the book to study)
- $25 (if you have taken the first course and have purchased the book – WE WILL HAVE YOU ON FILE
- Note: Apprentice and Journeyman each have TWO examinations. Each examination is $25. Good luck!
- IF YOU SHARE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE (SEARCH MIDWEST MASTER BEEKEEPER CERTIFICATION) AND HAVE OTHER PEOPLE JOIN IT, YOU’LL EARN $1 OFF EACH REFERRAL TOWARDS YOUR EXAM FEES. WE JUST NEED THEIR NAMES.
- $50 additional fee required if paperwork is received within 10 days of examination, and you still want to take the exam.
- *If you are an experienced beekeeper who is testing out of the first and/or second class, your cost of the exam is $61 – $50 for the exam and $11. You MUST not have taken the classes and have documented mentoring hours.
Testing locations (more coming soon!):
Howell County Extension Center
St. Louis Extension Center
Reynolds County Extension Center
Most every community center and college in Missouri, TN, AR, IA, KY, and IL has a testing center that can proctor you. Please contact me, and we’ll set you up with a location.